Friday, April 30, 2010

The twins are 40!







We recently went on a cruise to celebrate my twin sisters' 40th birthday. Their birthday was officially April 10th, but we'll take a cruise whenever we can get one. All four White siblings were able to go and it was a treat! Lots of gambling, lots of sunning, some eating and drinking, and we were happy campers. The cruise line, MSC, was not the greatest, but it was inexpensive enough to lure us. As Dave commented, we had true European service - very minimal with attitude. We stopped in Key West and Nassau, Bahamas. It was my first time to see the Atlantis resort. Pretty, but it was raining outside, so the crowds were in the Atlantis. Cruise ships equal crowds, so that was a bit of a downside.
Of course, when going down to Kim's, something always has to happen with the kids. Zach was throwing up the night before we flew out, but luckily recovered just in time. Olivia and Zach had a great time hanging out at the beach in Delray. We visited the turtle sanctuary and I'm not sure who was more impressed....me or the kids! When I arrived to get them after the cruise, Zach became quiet. I thought he said "I don't want you to leave me", but no. He actually said, "I don't want to leave here". You know what, buddy, I didn't want to leave either. We had perfect weather and it was so relaxing. Delray Beach rocks!
Our first day back, on the way to school, Zach decides we need to move to south Florida. "We just need to sell our house. Then we need to buy a new house in Florida. Oh, and we need to bring our big screen t.v........and our couch." True guy for you - don't forget the t.v. Olivia got in on the dream as well. They convinced themselves we should move to Florida (and skip school for the day).

No comments: