Friday, August 6, 2010

Real School


Thursday, August 5th, both Olivia and Zach started Teasley Elementary School.  We talked about 'real school' for the last couple of years, but VCLC is long gone and Olivia and Zach are finishing their first week (albeit it was only two days) at Teasley.
I thought I would have a bout of tears, but instead, I was overjoyed for them!  They were both ready to go and hopped out at carpool.  I even talked Dave into riding over with us.  It was so sweet to see them with their backpacks, tennis shoes and nicely brushed hair and teeth.  This is a huge change from our summer of gallivanting around in swimsuits and pajamas.
They are almost the last stop on the school bus ride home.  They bounded off of the bus and proceeded to tell me they were hot and thirsty.  I just sat and listened to them during the afternoon as little tidbits poured out.  Olivia met a girl named Sophie, but she doesn't know her last name. Olivia had to move at lunch because a boy next to her had a peanut butter sandwich.  Zach met a friend named Davis.  "Davis was thinking the exact same thing I was!"  They were crowded on the bus (4 kids in a row??)  I will have to check in to that one!  Olivia's teacher, Mrs. Bates has a dog, but Olivia doesn't know it's name.  O is not sure if her other teacher, Mrs. Cook has a dog.  Zach got sand in his Keen's while playing on the playground.  And the list goes on.
The day finally came and they are off to school!

No comments: