Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day firsts.. football and dog days

Who would have thought of what a small, pint-sized puppy would open my eyes to see.  Kobe was introduced to the lake house this Labor Day weekend.  With the introduction, came a new place for him to pee and poop.  With Kobe being there, it forced me to go outside just before or at sunrise.  I saw and heard so many animals in the area.  Area?!  They were actually in our yard!  Zach and I saw a beautiful and elegant deer, a doe to be exact.  Then we heard the coyotes.  Yep, Kobe will not be going out alone.  Hawks and a bald eagle were spotted this weekend too.  All, unfortunately, could be fatal to our little pup.  So, he will be watched over for some time to come.  Kobe loved the lake house and the beach.  He was a bit hesitant to be in the water, but he also fell off the dock at one point.  Olivia 'saved' him.  Poor, wet pup wasn't too happy.

I've realized that having a puppy around makes me take life a little slower too.  I'm typically out of the house the entire time the kids are in school.  Now, I need to be home to take Kobe out and to play with him.  It's nice being home and it's quite relaxing.  Interesting how a puppy changes things...for the better.
As for Labor Day, it was a nice, quiet weekend for us.  We spent Saturday at the GA Tech football game.  Quite boring, but boy, the South Carolina State band kicked it up a notch.  I got chills watching them!  Yes, chills when a marching band played.  Strange, but true.  Football season is officially here, so you know what we'll be doing most weekends (in addition to little league games).  Zach starts practice today!

No comments: