Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekend apple picking

Last weekend was a busy one.  Well, when is it not a busy weekend?  I talked Amy P. into meeting me with her boys to take some pumpkin patch photos.  The pumpkin outing turned into a 'let's play at our house' afternoon which are the best afternoons.  We headed up to Woodstock for a Big Green Egg dinner of ribs with the Mitchell's.  Mmm, mmm, thank you Bridgette and Dave.  Kobe met his first dog since he's been in seclusion until his vaccines were current.  He made an instant friend with Sam and the Mitchell girls loved having Kobe around.
We started Saturday with a baseball game for Zach, then on to the zoo for the kids with Stephanie and a GA Tech football game for Dave and me.  It's finally football weather - woo hoo!  Dave must have eaten his Wheaties Sunday because he was up and rushing us to Dobbins for the Blue Angels airshow.  I saw parts of the show all week in my backyard, so I wasn't as enthused.  Turns out, it took us an hour in traffic and parking, and then on the bus ride to get to the airfield.  Throngs of people made it very difficult to keep up with the kids.  I'll spare you the details, but we left within the hour.  I love the airshow, but it wasn't worth seeing the inside of one plane to deal with that crowd.  Our backyard is just fine....

On to north Georgia for some apple picking.  We went back to BJ Reese Apple Orchards and took Kobe with us this year.  That little pup got lots of attention.  We picked 1/2 a peck of apples; they were all so yummy.  I think Olivia ate 5 apples that day and I had 4!  Yes, they were that good.  Zach had his eye on the apple cannons.  He was big enough this year, so we had fun shooting apples across the field.  I'm looking forward to it again next year.  This orchard has a petting farm as well, so Olivia spent most of her time with the bunnies and Zach had a few near misses with pony and goat poop.  Kobe and a goat had a stare down and a few words with each other.  This family was busy from sun up to sun down (as always), but it was all good :-)
I couldn't resist getting a photo of Zach taking a potty break.  Ah, boys!

No comments: