Monday, June 11, 2012

NYC shopping and The Late Show

A little shopping never hurt anyone, right?  Amy & Dave O. were in town last Monday.  I finagled my way into going into the city ALL day.  This was our day......
I drove my Dave's new convertible XKR with the top down, on a gorgeous and well deserved sunny day, down the west side highway to SOHO.  Met up with my partners in crime.  We shopped, we walked, we perused.  Lunch was at Cipriani, starting with a glass of wine and finishing oh so lovely.  Amy and I parted ways with her Dave, as we were headed to see the taping of The Late Show with David Letterman!  Thanks for the tickets, DP! VIP...  As we were there a bit early, we headed for another glass of vino to tide us over for the show.  
Guests on the show were Mark Whalberg, Sebastian Vettle and Anthony Bourdain....great show indeed.  We cabbed it back to their hotel in SOHO to get ready for dinner (because lunch just wasn't enough :-) 
Waiting in the VIP section for the show to begin.
Off to dinner with Dave O. and Amy...to none other than Del Posto.  Amazing food, beautiful atmosphere and a lovely couple to spend the evening chatting away.  I love it that they come to NYC and I love it more that they invite me to play:-)  We always have a wonderful time.  Of course, I had to ride with the top down on my way to back to New Jersey....I hear it helps with digestion...only kidding.  I needed the enjoy the beautiful night.  NYC truly is a magical place.


No comments: