Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pebble Beach, CA and Jaguar Playboy Party

My annual work trip with Dave to Pebble Beach, CA was not a typical one this year.  Jaguar's presence last year was nothing like this year.  They threw the party of all parties....with Playboy as a co-host.  I love to go to Pebble to take a little break from our summer break and....kids:-)  I didn't get much of a break this time around.  Not complaining one bit, though...  I got a workout, hot tub time and a massage, but as soon as the festivities started, it was no holds barred.
Friday night's party was at a beautiful home overlooking Carmel-by-the-Sea and the ocean.  Celebrities included Christina Hendricks, Wyclef Jean, Billy Duff from the Cult, Adrien Brody, and Adam Corolla.  It was a grand party with three playboy playmates and Cooper Hefner representing Playboy (he's only 20).  We partied until the house closed, then moved to our hotel lobby until 3 am.  Whew, what a night.  The playmates are a lot of fun and extremely nice.  I love the picture with me and Christina....very shy lady.
Dave and I had our driver (L.A.P.D off duty officer) drives us for some quiet shopping the next day.  We needed time to regroup.  Carmel-by-the-Sea and sushi for lunch helped jump start us.
Dinner for Journalist the following night....tired, but hanging in there.  Prior, Jaguar L.A. dealer hosted a beach Happy Hour.  Beautiful sunset happy hour in the sand with tiki huts.
Sunday at the actual Concours.  The theme this year was Maharaja automobiles...with a swan motif.  Very interesting.  Mr. Tata attended this year.  Above, Andy Goss receiving an award.
Walking the course.....
Dave flew back to New Jersey, I flew back to Atlanta and ah, was the Atlanta skyline a sight for sore eyes.  I never get tired of this view.  I flew in at night, had to wait on a emergency on the plane...lady was taken off, then witnessed a car accident on my way to Amy Plummer's house.  I was ready for bed, but also ready to see Amy.  Pink eye took over as I slept.  I had to visit a Doc in the Box in Villa Rica to get the Pink Eye and swollen lymph node under control.  Everyone was safe except for Olivia...she touched the iPad before I could clean it.  Poor thing.  Regardless, it was nice to see some of my Atlanta chicks on my brief stint in Atlanta.  I popped in to see lots of neighbors too.

No comments: