Saturday, October 11, 2008

Speed Racer


Last weekend was a whirl wind and a much anticipated day for Zach. No, not the soccer pictures (oh joy!) or the GA Tech football game; it was the Petit LeMans race at Road Atlanta. Zach has been asking, no more than 3 times a day mind you, 'when are we going to the race?" I think if someone walked up and asked him to drive, his answer would have been a nonchanlant "yes", like THIS was meant to be.... I do not look forward to races as much as Zach and Dave, but I had a grand time that day! It was a beautiful day and the cars were amazing. Well, it did help that we were entertained at the Porsche facility and ushered around the course in a golf cart whenever we pleased, but it truly was a great race. We watched the sun set and I enjoyed watching my children run and laugh while I sat back with a glass of wine. We didn't leave the race until 9 pm. The kids were still asking for more! A true testiment to their love of cars! I think Dave will have Zach in go carts as soon as he can!

No comments: