Saturday, November 1, 2008

Difference a Year Makes...

Comparing Halloween last year and Halloween this year, we saw a big change. Instead of helping our kids along the neighborhood from door-to-door, carrying their candy bags, helping with costumes and flat out carrying the KIDS, we were trying our best to keep up! They were typically 2-3 house ahead of us each way. Our neighborhood is a great place to trick-or-treat with only 50 houses and very little traffic to worry about. Being 5 and 3 1/2 years old, these kids know how to work the door(s).




Olivia woke up on Friday in a not so nice mood (she growled at me!, in a tiger/Olivia sort of way) because I was sharing a piece of her turkey bacon for breakfast. She soon realized that HALLOWEEN was actually here. Attitudes changed! I saw more smiles on Friday that I have seen in a long time. Candy day was here! She is much more of a candy freak than Zach is, but don't get me started on him. He sneaks my last piece of Dove chocolate and then taunts me (with chocolate rings around his mouth, licking his lips as he taunts me). :-)
It's all good; there is plenty of candy to go around - too much candy.
My parents handed out candy at our house while we walked (chased after) the kids. Olivia and Zach ended up going home with Mom and Dad after Halloween. Dave and I had the pleasure of sending their candy baskets with them to my parents! Enjoy Mimi & Papa! You buy them candy and gum all the time, so now let's see how they act at your house while they are hyped up on candy. He he he, the small pleasures.... Of course, my parents said the kids acted fine (do you think they are telling the truth or are they just shell-shocked?) Happy Halloween!

No comments: