Thursday, November 6, 2008

Things he wants to know...

While making lunches and getting everyone ready Tuesday morning, Zach walks up to me and says "Mommy, what is a keeping room?" This came from a 3 1/2 year old and we do not have a keeping room, mind you. I explained the part of a house where a keeping room typically is located and what it is used for. He listened to me, thought about it and said "Oh, ok" and walked on his merry way. Oh, the way his little/big mind works. I love it that he is inquisitive!

So, today, while busy at work/play in the playroom, he looks up at me and asks "Who won Pennsylvania?" OK, I have to draw the line at that one! I am almost certain he did not see any of the election coverage....or did he? I stumbled for a minute and said, "Obama did". Again, he thought about it and said "Oh, ok". Seriously! Where did this kid come from? I told Dave about his question at the dinner table and then asked Zach to tell me who won - wondering if he was really listening.... at first he grins and says "Omar" (a friend of his in his class), then he says "Barack Obama" - granted, I did not tell him the first name today. So, yes, he gets it.

Olivia had her 5 year check up today. Everything went great (no shots! Yay!), but I wanted our pediatrician to help me bring the "read more books" idea home to Olivia. Dr. Ellerine boasts about how books make you smarter, etc. So, guess who reads me two stories tonight?! This girl has been holding back on me!! Oh, the angst they give their moms. Of course, the stories were about puppies. It's all about the animals for that girl!

Everyone is excited about going on vacation tomorrow and spending time with Daddy. We are heading to Delray Beach, FL (Kim's), the Keys and then to the lake. Sunshine, here we come.

No comments: