Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Olivia at 5 1/2 years... for the record







Before I forget all the stages of my children's lives, I do want to record this interesting dialogue with Olivia this past week. She is 5 1/2 years old and while alone in the car with me (Zach was playing with Adam), Olivia declares that she does not want to go to college. She said it in a very nonchalant way. Big surprise, Olivia does not want to do anything, be 'signed up' for anything and typically does not want to leave her lovely squishy animals who typically stay at home.

Olivia goes on to say that she wants to live in the outdoors - in the natural environment. Again, this is not a surprise, but I'm trying to figure out where she is getting the idea. Who lives outside - oh yes, naturalist. I ask her how she will make money and Olivia tells me that she doesn't need money. No toys, darling??! No, she will hunt and kill her food to eat, eat plants, live off the land. These are her words...... She has switched from wanting to live in the huge wide expanse of the Taylor Brawner house (in Smyrna) to the naturalist house on Atlanta Rd, which has lots of bamboo and plants growing all around. I think the guy that owns it catches his own rainwater. Honestly, she has it all figured out. As she is telling me all of this, I have visions in my head of my daughter living in a tree with a 'Save the Trees' shirt on her back.



Time will only tell, but I think this girl loves nature and all animals. Her favorite book/magazine that she reads most nights is the adult version of National Geographic. She requests that we tape special shows on the National Geographic Channel. She is a lover of all things natural. Olivia brought home 8 African Tree Frog tadpoles from school yesterday. We are slowly adding to the animal family in our home. I think a puppy may be in our future. Hey, I'll take a dog over a weasel anyday.



This is my record to see how things progress. Again, time will only tell......

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I find myself always wondering what my kids will be like when they grow up. An amazing mystery of life right? Maybe Olivia is going to save an amazing animal from extinction or something.... hmmmm.