Thursday, June 11, 2009

First week of summer

The theatre....."I do not want to go to the theatre" says Zach. "But we are going to see a play with Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business. You love that book!" "No thank you." Hmm. We'll see about that. It turns out, Olivia and Zach loved the theatre and were mesmerized with the entire process. Thank you to Sara O. for encouraging the arts! Speaking of, there is something just not right about going to Little Five Points before noon.... The kids thought it was a cool place. Oh, what are we in store for?
It was interesting how easily we fell into stride our first week of summer break. We were in Smyrna, played with friends, enjoyed the mild weather (for Atlanta) and relaxed. Oh and a VERY important thing.....both kids are SWIMMING! I took them for 2 quick refresher lessons with my favorite instructor, Tracy. A few times out with crazy kid friends and my kids are now right in the middle of it all. Words cannot express how I feel. With Olivia's personality, she had to swim on her own terms. And she did! Olivia very proudly told me "I taught myself how to swim." I think my new M.O. will be "wait for it....wait for it...
"Loose teeth, swimming and happy.

I needed more photos for my last photography class, so I headed my favorite spot, The Polo Fields. Luckily, this is a favorite spot for my kids as well.
John and Andrea Ulitsch, with Ava and Gage, came to the lake with us the following weekend. We had much nicer weather, more boat time and about the same amount of sleep (thanks to my early riser, Zach). It's just a fact of life that I had to come to terms with....the boy wakes up early! By Alabama standards (an hour earlier), it's still EARLY! At least I can enjoy the quiet morning dew and a cup of coffee.

No comments: