Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Interview with a ....

Should I say vampire or an almost 6-year old? Olivia loves to talk indepth as I lay with her each night. The last couple of months, unfortunately, she has been focusing on death. As in, "I don't want you to die, mommy". Guess what little girl, I really don't want to either, so let's not focus on it. She also is practicing her kissing. This action does not come easy to her, so I'm very proud to be there for her affection practice. Zach was born with affection oozing out of him, so I think she finally realized that expressing her love outwardly can be a good thing. So, she hugs very tightly and she kisses. Those kisses last approximately 2 minutes. Do you pull away from your newly affectionate girl when neck cramps set in? Nah, you endure.
Monday night as I lay with her, she began discussing death again. And this was her thought process: "Mommy, I want to die when you die and be buried with you. People will think I am eaitng your head because I will be kissing you." Hmm, what response do you give to this? "That's sweet"? or "That's creepy". Now that Dave has returned from Germany, I think he needs to put her to bed!
I don't want to forget this deep conversation we had this morning. She brought her beloved zebra to my room. For the past 3 years, I thought her zebra's name was Molly. As we discussed, she kept saying that Molly was good at mauling. Not understanding, I started spelling the different ways to spell her name. We know a Mauliny and a Molly. No, it turns out that the zebra is good at mauling (yet again, creepy), but she likes malls (as in shopping). So, we spell her name Mally. Thanks for the clairifcation, Olivia.

No comments: