Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Culture


We have had some amazing plays and outings over the last two weeks.  Many thanks go out Sarah O. for making it so easy and enjoyable for us.  We ventured to Little Five Points, Synchronicity Theater, to see Free to Be Me with lots of friends big and small.  Along with the CD in the car, my kids have been humming the tunes ever since.  I have been screaming, "A DOLL, A DOLL" song.  Don't ask.....  Mulan, at the Alliance Theater, was yesterday for a school field trip.  I took four kids with me....again, don't ask.

Dave and I were in Amelia Island for our 3rd trip to the Concours d'Elegance.  The wind almost blew us away, but we were able to see some really fancy, smancy cars.  I'm sure the owners would love hearing me say that.  They like to hear, 'this car sold for $1.3 million'.  Yoga was nice, the sun finally came oult and we had some time to see the beach and take a couple of tours of live aboard boats at the marina.  Ah, what a life!  Before we knew it, it was time to head back to Atlanta and time to turn back the clocks.  The time change has not bode well for me so far.  Maybe by this weekend, I will get the hang of it.
From Mulan yesterday morning, to real live bunny photos for Easter, then back to The High Museum for The Allure of Cars exhibit and special Porsche event last night, we are zonked!  I could not drag my kids out of the High Museum last night.  Was it the macaroni and cheese bar, taco bar, smores bar or Spongebob that made them not want to leave?  Well, for Zach, it was the slot car track with its own Porsches.  I promised that Dave would bring them back this weekend.  Luckily, I just snagged a Groupon for an annual pass to the High Museum.  My kids love it and I love that they love it.  Go Art!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  It was quiet for us (finally), but I hosted a school party for Zach on Monday and we'll have a post St. Patrick's Day party for Olivia on Friday.  She told me she is scared of Leprechauns (I would be too), so I think they talked quite a bit about the little green men in school today.  Sometimes our adult imaginations do not think how this will translate to young minds.  I skipped the 'naughty leprechaun' routine, but I guess he found the kids at school and scared the crap out of them.  If she wakes me in the middle of the night, I will hunt her teacher down and call her in the middle of the night.  (insert evil laugh)
On to bigger and brighter....when will Spring arrive?!

No comments: