Sunday, March 7, 2010

This and that

Making changes to your computer can put you out of the game for a while.  Dave recently upgraded my computer, switched email and upgraded my operating system.  Needless to say, I have been out of pocket for a while. What have we been doing for the past 3 weeks?  Hmm.  I'm not sure, but looking over our photos gives me a clue.  It's sad that I use my photos to remind me of our daily activities, but so is life.  Add karate, art, soccer practice, games and chess club to all of that and there you have it!  We have no idea which end is up!  As long as we are having fun, I really don't think it matters.

Now that we have our bikes and rack, hopefully bike riding will be our favorite spring activity.  I didn't witness it yesterday, but Dave and Olivia said that she is now officially riding her bike on her own.  Whew! That one took a little while, but now she can ride without me having to push her along.  Go Olivia.  I bet she says "I taught myself".  She says that about everything.  

The Chattahoochee Nature Center filled one recent Sunday afternoon.  I cannot wait for spring to officially arrive, but this place is still busy with activity.  Our kids love hiking, so this gives them a little taste of it.  Of course, Zach fell and had little sleep, so he whined until I hiked all the way back to the center to get him a "red band aid".  Hey, if it works, then I'll play along.  It was just one of those days for him and poor guy is finally finishing up a bad cold (almost 2 weeks now).  Just in time for allergy season :-)
Recent chatter had me laughing.  I cannot remember all of the funny chats we have had, but when I found Zach in his jammies and the red mittens, I had to ask.  He was playing with his new Rocket Launcher and it was pinching his fingers when the two pieces came together.  Smarty figured out that if he used his gloves, it wouldn't pinch his fingers.  He said "the Rocket Launcher has a technical fault so I am using my gloves".  'Technical fault' and 'Technical difficulty' came out of his mouth several times.  Whereas Olivia decided to ask me where you buy wigs.  Wigs?!  Seriously, what are these kids thinking?!  I also found several Polly Pocket shoes around the gerbil cage.  While I was cleaning up one evening, I asked Olivia why her Polly Pockets were in this area of the house.  I soon found out.....she was putting the shoes on her gerbils!  Poor Charlie and  Fluffy - they need boy shoes.
Zach also loves to play Playstation.  This has become his favorite place to sit while racing or whatever it is that he plays.  PS3 is not my thing, so he and Dave play together.  Zach must play better while resting on the couch arm.  ??
Watch out....Zach's birthday is coming up March 25th and my baby is going to be 5.  He already acts 25 so, it's not such a huge adjustment that he's getting older.  He has always been an old soul, very thoughtful, smart and reflective.  And that's what we love!

No comments: