Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation from Pre-K and K....


Where did the last 5 years go?  Olivia started Vinings Creative Learning Center the summer of 2005, right after Zach was born.  Since then, five quick years passed by and last week I was looking at my little girl in a white cap and gown.  The cap was falling off of her head and she was concentrating intensely on keeping it on, but that's one cute, little snapshot that I can remember from this wonderful graduation evening.  
Zach decided to expend all of his energy at the end-of-year Karate show one hour prior to the Spring Fling/graduation, so by the time his turn rolled around, he was a quiet, almost shy, Zach with his hands in his pockets.  It just reminds me how Zach's personality is flexible.  He fits in where he wants and plays the shy bit when he's not in the mood.  On the other hand, Olivia has been painfully shy for the past several years, but is opening up more and more.  Case in point, she gave a speech in front of an entire audience during gradation.  All of her classmates did, but I had a small doubt that she wouldn't do it.  I was so proud, just knowing her personality, that she trusted herself and did it!  She walked away with a smile....well, Grandpa Bob's shout of encouragement probably helped, but a smile is a smile!  
Both children walked to the podium to receive their diplomas and the afternoon went by in a flash.  We officially have Teasley Elementary bound kids now.  
I had a tinge of sadness knowing we were leaving VCLC, but five years is a good run, so onward we must go.  I missed saying my final goodbyes to the group due to a crazy scheduled week.
Lucky for us, I think both kids are excited about starting Teasley....but first things first....let's enjoy summer.  August 5th will come way too soon.  
Let the festivities begin!

No comments: