Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lots of Visitors in Eden


Where do I begin?  I guess with the Mitchell's...Our first full time weekend at the lake, Bridgette, Dave, Elizabeth and Lauren came to have some fun with us.  We beached the boat on Sunday and spent a little too much time on the island.  We applied sunscreen many times over, but at the end of the weekend, we had all seen a little too much sun.  Dave and the Mitchell's took off Sunday evening after dinner.  Dave was traveling all week, so Liz came out with Clare and Danny.  Since Dave installed the guards along the floating dock, it has made boating (and docking) much easier on me.  I think I still made Liz work a little too hard (for a pregnant woman).  Thanks Liz :-)  We found a cozy beach (at the Ridge) and played one afternoon.  Each morning, Liz was great about trading out to walk and exercise (without the kids).  We also went to visit Catherine's Market and the Russell Crossroads Stables.  We boated up to a dock, called for the golf cart, were picked up and taken to the stables to see the horses, then headed to Catherine's Market for a sweet treat of a cinnamon roll before we had a real lunch at Chuck's Marina.  Are these kids spoiled or what?!  Dan, a Percherion horse, was a big hit with the kids.
They made their way over to the blacksmith shop for some fun, but dangerous, play.  "You'll poke your eye out with that kid".

One evening, I can't remember if I felt the need or was begged to, but we took the boat out for an evening ride.  What a lovely time of day and the colors the sky make on the water are stunning.  This is my favorite time to be on the lake.  My kids were excited to show the 'green monster' light to the Seymour's.  I was excited that I could 'hover' the boat over the green monster light long enough for the kids to see a fish or two!


Amy came Wednesday through Saturday and we kept ourselves busy yet again.  We didn't actually ride the Viper, but the kids sure had fun on it as it was tied to the dock!  A few fight ensued, but they wore themselves out enough to sleep and then get us up at the crack of dawn every morning.  I finally installed a clock in the bunk room and slept peacefully after that.  5:30 am can wear on you....7:15 is much nicer.  The kids are swimming like fish these days, so they enjoy the water so much more this year than the previous two.  I cannot believe this is our third year at our house on Eden Dr.  Wow!  The days flew by when Amy was there, but we stopped to have time for a glass of wine now and again.  Our lake neighbor, Teri, dropped by Friday night and we ended up having cocktail hour on our screened porch.  How nice!
The kids and I had the weekend to ourselves, but Jill McCurry and her girls came out Monday through Wednesday.  Garrett, our other Smyrna neighbor came with and it was a nice mix of kids.  Zach wasn't the only boy around, so he was very happy to have Garrett for a while.  My camera wasn't working during this time, so I'll have to rely on Jill to forward some photos.

No comments: