Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lake Artwork

The kids and I had a free weekend at the lake while Dave was traveling to London.  I promised Zach last year that he could paint a huge canvas like the one Olivia painted last year for our lake house.  He reminds me every few months, so I figured why not?  We spent over 6 hours on Sunday painting on canvas with acrylic on our screened in deck.  It was unusually hot, so Olivia told us when it was break time - meaning air conditioning time.
Olivia had completed a beautiful giraffe at art camp the previous week, so she wanted to do more.  This time she drew and painted a seal (with a little help from mom).

It was so nice to have the entire day to ourselves to paint, relax and be creative.  Zach is extremely proud of his color assortment of fish....with a fishing hook.  I do like how it turned out.  Zach cannot wait to show everyone.

For our next painting, I think we should try to recreate the look of the sun setting.  Take a peek at the view from my friend, Amy Storm's, place on the lake last week.  The kids (all 10 of them, along with Amy's dad and uncle Joe) took the canoe's out for a spin.  I ended up going myself.  It was a lovely night.
I felt quite a bit of pride that evening because I finally took the boat out by myself (without another adult).  I have finally gotten to the place where I knew I wanted to do it, but needed the nerve.  Now that I have that experience under my belt, I'm ready for more.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seymour said...

They are both right to be proud of their artwork - stunning! And of course you're right to be proud of your boating!