Sunday, May 8, 2011

Farewell Party and Mother's Day

My wonderful neighbors, Jill and Michelle, threw a Farewell Party for us in the neighborhood.  We have been in our house for 9 years and our neighbors are unbelievably amazing.  I do not want to think about what it is going to be like without them in NJ.  I'll put that off for another day.  The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect.  A baseball game at noon, a custard/Italian ice to celebrate and a Farewell party at the pool.  We had 18 kids swimming in the pool (it opened May 1st and our kids have been in since then and yes, it is cold).  The kids would run from the pool to Michelle and Andy's backyard to play on the new play set.  Great idea, guys!  The party started at 4:30 and I'm not sure when we finally wound down.  It was such a lovely evening to be outside with friends.  The kids were happy, we all had very full bellies and sangria to keep us happy, and we were in no rush to really say goodbye, Saturday night or ever.  Thank you, .thank you, thank you for a wonderful party!
Speaking of farewells, I found a few photos from April when we told our kids that we were moving to NJ.  They were very excited and luckily, I had a book on Gardens of New Jersey that a book club friend gave me the night before.
I think Jenna was crying because we were leaving....or was she?  Carly, Skylar and Olivia like to play dress up.  Oh, the good times...  The Peeps they share.....
Back to Mother's Day....it was a very nice, relaxing weekend.  After everything that we have going on, it was truly nice to take it easy today.  Dave (with a nudge from me) and Olivia (gung ho) made me scrambled eggs and GF cinnamon toast while I read the Sunday paper.  Yum!  Olivia and Zach were busy working on a card for me this morning.  I love their artwork!  We eventually made it to the park and met up with another Shiba Inu.  Kobe was very excited.  Zach and Olivia had a great time at the playground and I just enjoyed watching them.  My babies are growing up.
I decided earlier in the week that I wanted to see the IMAX movie at Fernbank, Ultimate Wave: Tahiti.  This September will be our 10 year wedding anniversary.  Dave had planned for us to celebrate it with a return trip to Tahiti.  We sail the BVI's for our 5 year anniversary.  With the move and new job, I think we both know that Tahiti is not in the plan for this year, so I thought the movie would be nice to see, and it was.  It was somewhat of a surfing documentary, but all four of us were leaning with Kelly Slater and surfing along with him.  All of our mouths were agape at the beauty of the French Polynesian islands.  I want to go back, but we'll keep it out there as a goal.  It didn't help that our Porsche friends were in Hawaii on the trip we were supposed to go on.  But I digress.....  we have lots to look forward to!
We finished our Mother's Day evening with dinner at Fuego Mundo at the Prado.  I love their South American food (mostly gluten free) and I even got GF carrot cake to take home.  That will be breakfast in the morning!  Mmm, mmm.
Happy Mother's Day to all; it was such a lovely weekend.

No comments: