Saturday, January 31, 2009

Firsts.....




I cannot believe I am saying this already, but WOW, my children are growing up so fast. I sound like all the older parents who say this, but when you are mired in the dirty diapers, sleepless nights, potty training issues, and temper tantrum episodes, it feels as if they will never grow up. Well, as of this morning, I am saying it "they grow up so fast".

Olivia had her first (non-family) sleepover 2 weeks ago at our neighbor, Skylar's, house. It was only next door, but it doesn't matter, it was her first real sleepover. This is BIG people! Skylar's dad asked me if I wanted to take a picture and I did not.... I should have. So, last night, I had two sleepovers at my house. Olivia had Skylar over to our house and Zach decided he needed a sleepover buddy too. Garrett, his best buddy in the neighborhood, to the rescue! It was amazing and still is (they are playing like champs as I write this blog). Everyone went to bed on time; actually the boys were asking if they could go to sleep while everyone was wrapping up dinner. The boys were exhausted; Zach especially since he woke me up at 5:30 am that morning. Fast forward to Saturday morning...I heard little feet around 6:50 am, but finally and leisurely crawled out of bed at 7:30 am (what a treat) to find them playing happily. Oh, their little cherub faces, the sweet smiles, the amount of sleep we all recieved - can we do this again??! I found that they helped themselves to a quick breakfast of yogurt- see photo. Yes, my children help themselves to the kid scissors that are tucked away above my washer (they use chairs to climb). Note to everyone, my kids are almost too good with scissors. Does anyone need a haircut? :-) It truly was amazing, but also a reality check that my children are growing up and are big enough to have sleepovers. What's next, driving?! Oh Dave......

Also, as a very, very, very proud parent, I have to give her a shout out on this one (and follow Amy P.'s lead).... Olivia's class has started spelling tests each week. She made a 100% this past Thursday and I am an extremely proud parent on this one. Yay, Olivia!!
Life is good and my kids are happy, what else can you ask for? Maybe, we will get a little snow early this week, (just a touch), then we can hop on a plane and head to south Florida for some sunny beach time. Now, that would make a really great week.

No comments: