Friday, July 10, 2009

G-Man fishing

We have to sneak in as much cousin time as we can this summer (before the school bell rings). Gavin came on a trip to the lake last week along with Andrea, Ava and Gage. We had an amazing time and suffice it to say, the kids are still talking about it - all of them.

I bought worms for fishing and within minutes, the fish were on the hook. Well...maybe because we feed the fish all the time and we suckered them in to it. Catch and release is our motto around the dock, so maybe there will be no hard feelings. Gavin seriously caught six fish while we fished for about an hour or so. He was so proud of himself (we were too). Ava and Zach each caught one; it's a delight to see their eyes light up with this new found sport and independence. Olivia was the worm keeper and oversaw the fishing expedition. She wouldn't let us use the worms at first, but I was ready for some fun, so mommy overruled. Luckily, Andrea and I had a system; I didn't mind baiting with the worms (I even split them before hooking them at times) and Andrea didn't mind taking the fish off the hook. Teamwork is all it takes to put smiles on the kids' faces and lasting lake memories in their heads. It was a good week - except for the alternator going kaput and the boat dying in the middle of the lake. Ha. I knew I was in store for this, so battery #2 brought us home. I'm patiently waiting on the new alternator to arrive.....I'm missing precious boating time :-)

No comments: