Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things that make you smile

Olivia and Zach spent the past 2 1/2 days with Mimi and Papa. Again, a win-win-win for everyone. Dave is in Spain, Monaco, St. Tropez, you name it for work. Hard work, I'm sure :-) I had quiet time. Do any of you know what that is? Movies, yoga, errands, reading, more yoga, you get the picture. I'm not boasting, I'm grateful!
O & Z were so happy and sweet when I picked them up today. We had an awesome day of reading, playing with games and toys, eating breakfast for dinner and a late night swim. They were finally in bed at 10 pm, but it was worth it. The stories they have told me are precious.

Mom and Dad took them to feed my cousin, Kim's, animals while her family is on vacation. I must have heard at least 15 times today that Olivia is going to get a bunny. Kim has a bunny. We discussed why we couldn't get a bunny for our house. I "think" it's in our subdivision rules that we cannot have outdoor bunnies and the like (I think....), and I'm not too sure about indoor bunnies :-) I am almost caving in on the dog issue, so she is pushing her luck with the bunny. Go visit cousin Kim more often. He he. From the stories I hear, Kim has two chickens, one black, one blonde, a rooster, not sure what color he is, the chicken will peck at you and they sit on their eggs. I recieved an actual peck on the chest from Olivia to bring her point home. Also on the pet list, beagles, a blue fish (one like Olivia was given for her 2nd birthday, which she kissed and watched it try to breath out of water for several minutes before I found her!!) It died.... Kim, you will have to fill us in on any other animals, but the bunny made a lasting impression. Olivia will be knocking on your door very soon.

Olivia asked me tonight as I put her to bed if I would sleep with her all night when daddy was out of town. She told me we could talk all night until we were sleepy and snuggle because she loves me so much (followed by several long kisses). ahhh.

Both kids, independently, asked me tonight and not any other time today - "oh, where is daddy?" I said "Monaco, I think." Zach's reaction - "Oh man, that's a race track. We gotta go!" Olivia's reaction as I lay with her later on - "Oh man, don't tell Zach Daddy is in Monaco. He'll want to go!" Funny little munchkins.

As I lay with Zach, he was talking about being a genius. Seriously, it's funny, but you don't want him to say it too often (he gets it from us, so blame us). He said, "yeah, I can learn how to make cars run, what gasoline is made of, how airplanes fly..... That's what science teaches you." Just rambling thoughts from a 4-year old, but funny ones for later years.

Olivia's parting words tonight, "If we get a bunny and keep it at our house on accident, then we can't get in trouble, right? It's just an accident!" (coming from my 'Subdivision Rules' excuse) Also, "When I get older, I'm going to have a bunny, a baby one, and a dog and a chinchilla..." She just keeps adding one more thing.

No comments: