Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December = fun



There have been so many fun events this month.  Since my return from L.A., I haven't been motivated to move one of my favorite blogs down the list - he he.  But, I must.... I celebrated my birthday with my friends at one of our favorite spots, J. Christophers for brunch.  My kids loved the miniature holiday ornaments that Amy gave me.  I loved the martini glass they came in, but I digress.  O & Z played with these miniature ornaments all afternoon and made me lovely necklaces and bracelets.  Who knew they could be so versatile?! 

Dave's birthday was the following week, so we made a strawberry cake for him.  We waited anxiously for Dave to arrive home from Germany.  He was a bit late, but you can't let fresh cake wait until morning, so they dug in with gusto well past bedtime.  Do you think they were happy to see their dad?


Neighborhood cookie exchanges and school parties ensued up until the last day of school.  Lots and lots of sugar was eaten, so maybe everyone has gotten their fill....nah.  We donated our cookies this year to the Fitzhugh Lee school in Smyrna, which caters to autist and developmentally delayed children.  Olivia requested we take our cookies over personally and I am so happy we did.  The school serves a great need in this area.  Olivia and Zach are still talking about their brief visit, so I know it left lasting impression on them (in a good way). 

The holiday parties at school were lots of fun and signalled that we could take a deep breath and welcome a much needed vacation to spend time with family.
 
Olivia and Zach also had a Karate show to finish their lessons for 2009.  Karate was wonderful for Olivia's self confidence, but she has decided to move to Art Classes in January.  Zach loves Karate, so he'll be back again in 2010... with a new Karate uniform, which makes for an easy gift!


We made a trip to visit the tree at Atlantic Station with Gavin, played a round or two of Miniature Golf at Red Top Mountain and attended a holiday party as soon as Dave's vacation began.





And to think, the real celebration of our family Christmas hasn't even begun.  I'm not sure who is more excited.... stay tuned to find out!

No comments: