Thursday, January 28, 2010

Disney Surprise, Manicures and Chess Club

With our last minute planning, we have decided to go to Disney World this Friday.  We will actually be in Florida for our annual trek to the 24 Hours of Daytona race this weekend (Porsche related) and we typically try to hop over to Orlando for a fun day with the kids.  The last two years have sent us to SeaWorld, but we are making a big leap by going to Disney World.  Dave said "I will never go".  Is this a 'mark my words' situation?  I guess not!  I have never been to Disney World, so I'm looking forward to it as much as Olivia, Zach and dare I say, Dave?  It's going to be great!
In anticipation of our trip (leaving tomorrow after school), I asked Olivia if she wanted to get her nails manicured this afternoon while we waited on Zach's Chess Club to finish.  I recieved a big smile and a yes!  It was so sweet.  I didn't realize it, but this is the first time I have taken her to get a professional manicure (if you can call it that with a 6-year old).  She smudged two nails within 15 minutes.  Oh well.  Pink sparkles (mom's choice) won out over blue and neon green.  I told her Cinderella would probably like sparkles more. 
Wink, wink. We finished up with a Frosty from Wendy's (when is the last time I had one of those?) and we were sweet enough to bring Zach a Frosty as well.  He had a great time at Chess and announced "I beat Hunter" when we picked him up... all smiles on his face.  Granted, he is the youngest in the club, but he loves playing, so I think this is the perfect match. 

Check out the nails in this photo.

Fun times at the dinner table discussing Chess Club and Disney World.
I also had to remind myself to take a picture of Olivia while she still has her two front teeth.  These little baby teeth have been hanging on since early December.  I thought 'surely she will lose them by Christmas, then New Years, then MLK', but they are both hanging on.  She lost her other two teeth on holidays (Memorial Day and Labor Day), so I thought it would be appropriate for these to follow the same guidelines.  The front teeth are twisting and turning, so maybe they will be lost on vacation.  I know she will look totally different, so this photo is a keeper.

No comments: