Friday, January 15, 2010

Now I know how it feels...


Now I know how it feels when you are the odd man out.  I have 4 kids at my house tonight and I'm the only adult.  Dave is in Germany and I thought it would be fun for Olivia and Zach to have friends for a sleepover.  Fun it is, but crazy.  They made pizzas for themselves tonight, which is always a hit.  Four kids sitting at the table, one mom sitting at the kitchen bar and lots and lots of chatter.  Burps, "excuse me's", giggles, talking over each other and eventually screaming to be heard.  Now I know what the kids feel like when the adults get together....well all but the burps!  If you think about it, when good friends get together, we have so much to say, that we do end up being quite loud.  My kids make this comment often that "we always talk too much".  OK, so I'm giving them 'their turn'.  I would rather them be loud and have fun than to have no friends at all......

No comments: