Sunday, March 20, 2011

Amelia Island Concours and Jill's birthday

This is where I went to help with my knee recovery....or so I told myself!  It was my 4th annual Concour d'Elegance in Amelia Island last weekend.  The weather was perfect, I was easy on the knee and Dave and I had a fabulous time.
It's not official until we have lunch at Barbara Jean's (also a Barbara Jean's in St. Simons where we were married, gulp, almost 10 years ago).  This also coincides with my best friend, Kaci, texting me that her daughter just made the JV cheerleading squad.  What?!  How is this possible?  She must be only....wait, she's  right, Abbie is old enough for JV cheerleading.  Congrats, Abbie!  I'm dating myself.  Bittersweet....Kaci and I were cheerleaders together from middle school until senior year.  Our names, by those around us...."Jiffer Kaci", because we were always together.  I wonder if I can still do a back handspring?  Who am I kidding, I can barely walk without crutches:-)  You can thank me later, Kaci, since I did not find a picture to insert here.
Not a bad view from my resting spot.
How do you like my fancy knee brace accessory.  It's all the rage this Spring...
Before we left for Amelia, Kobe found a great spot to hang out.  He would crawl in the space in my recliner.  Yes, he had to be THAT close to me!  Dog are funny animals.
Kobe became Joan's dog while she was here.  He followed her around and tripped her up (instead of me, thank goodness).  I think she wanted to take him home :-)
After his first boarding, Kobe learned a few interesting habits.  He sleeps like a corpse and he digs in our plants.  Cayenne pepper helped with the latter.  Instead of downward dog pose, it's dead dog pose - I have to get my yoga in some way!

Friday, March 18th was my best neighbor in the entire world, Jill's, birthday! 
This is what happens when you put Gigi's glorious cupcakes in a Porsche (with Jen driving - ha)  "and they all fall down".
No worries, pitchers of Sangria make it all better.  Sangria was a theme this weekend, Jill's birthday gathering Friday afternoon and Susanna's baby shower Sunday afternoon.  I love springtime in Atlanta!

No comments: