Sunday, March 27, 2011

A birthday fitting of a 6-year old....Zach

Little Brother
I thought we were going to do something 'smaller' this year for Zach's birthday.  Smaller doesn't necessarily mean less, in this case.  We kept adding to the festivities, mainly because mommy's knee felt better and I could do more.  It was nothing like the 60+ people party of a year ago, but fun, none the less.
Zach woke me at 4:00 am to say "It's my Birthday"!!  I proceeded to give him a hug and a happy birthday kiss and promptly sent him back to bed.  He politely waited until 6:30 am to open his first present, a aircraft carrier from Aunt Kim.
Zach's birthday is March 25th, so Friday afternoon, I arrived in his class with 24 donuts to celebrate with his classmates.  They were very excited to see me, I mean, the donuts!
We gave Mrs. Muller's Kindergarten class a 'sugar high' before we sent them home.  
Dave came home early so we could open a few more presents and take Zach, Olivia and Zach's buddy, Garrett to the Hibachi steak house.  Zach's pumping his fist because he's ready to open more presents!
D Blog PS3 game from Nonnie
Game Stop gift certificate from Uncle Barry and the gang!  Sweet!
Orient Express Hibachi grill with some yummy steak.  Dave was nice enough to return home to get my gluten free soy sauce so I was able to enjoy dinner as well.  I can't believe I forgot it!  Zach got a lovely piece of Oreo Cheesecake to help celebrate his special occasion.
After baseball pictures and a baseball game on Saturday, we headed to bowling at Brunswick Lanes for a birthday party with friends.  Yes, it was a busy day!  Reed, Johnny & Faith, their parents, Kim and John, Garrett and Gavin, along with Olivia, Uncle Mike, Aunt Karen, Mimi and Papa all enjoyed a little bowling craziness, flashing disco lights and all!  Thank you to everyone that made Zach's day (couple of days) special!
Star Wars cake
Cha-cha-cha!
Baby Back Rib dinner for the family....yummm!
The kids stayed up extra late to play with their cousin, Gavin, and Dave and I had some sister/brother-in-law time for the evening.  We capped off the evening with a tornado siren....luckily, no tornado (except in my living room - ha!)

Happy 6th Birthday, Big Guy!  

No comments: