Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rock of Ages and 40th Birthday in NYC with Berry's

The weekend before my 40th birthday, Amy Orrico and her girlfriends came to NYC.  I met up with them Saturday for lunch at Saks, shopping and Rock of Ages on Broadway.  Love, loved, loved the show!  Of course, the Georgia Bulldogs were playing for the SEC Championship, so we stopped at a few bars to watch parts of the game:-)  It was also my first chance to see the Rockefeller tree this year.  It's always a sight for sore eyes.
Rock of Ages at the Helen Hayes theatre...with really strong Jack & Coke's - ugh!
After show dinner at the hotel
On my actual birthday, I woke up extra early, walked to the corner of Wyckoff and Franklin (caught a beautiful sight on a unusually warm December morning 5:40 am) to catch the bus to NYC.  Olivia left me the note above.  The kids couldn't resist getting up to see me off for my day in the city.  So sweet! 
Watching the sun rise on my birthday.
I took a cab from the bus terminal to the studio to see The Chew with Michelle Berry.  Dave got front row seats from his media group and we spent the morning with the hosts of The Chew.  I got a hug and a thumbs up on my outfit from Clinton Kelly (of What Not to Wear:-)  Yay!  When the show aired the following Monday, Michelle and I were on t.v. multiple times....it was of course, lots of fun and made for a memorable birthday.

After the taping, we headed to meet up with Andy in his NYC office.  He skipped out on work to lunch with us at an Indian restuarant...yum.  Michelle and I rewarded ourselves for our early morning vernture with a 2 hour nap.  Not sure what was the best part of my birthday so far...but wait, we all had massages as well!  Oh, the day just keeps getting better.  
Dave had reservations for us at Colicchio's in the Meat Packing District.  They even made a special menu with a "Happy Birthday Jennifer" on it as well as a special dessert plate.  Lovely dinner with my sweetheart and my dear friends.  Lots of wine and good times.  It was a superb 40th birthday.  I must rest for my big birthday bash Dave is throwing me on Friday with the twins, Mike and all my NJ friends!
The Berry's and the Pryor's






No comments: