Friday, December 5, 2008

My Birthday, Creepy Santa & Sumo


I celebrated my 36th birthday on Dec. 5th with great friends and family. It turned out to be
'fun Friday' for us (as we all like to refer to it). We love Fun Friday, so real school, you'll have to wait. My girlfriend, Kaci, lives in Jacksonville, AL, so she sent me a beautiful boutquet for my birthday. Flowers are rare in my household, so these really brightened the day. They'll brighten all week long! My neighbor, Jill, also gave me roses for my birthday. She was sick all week, but still managed to drop off a vase of roses and a handmade card. Eat your heart out, Martha Stewart! Liz was gracious enough to invite us over. On our way, Amy, who gave me a great new bracelet, stopped by Starbucks. Turns out, Santa was there. Creepy Santa, that is.... The Starbucks drive-thru guy talked us into coming inside to see the big guy in red. Oh, it was a bad mistake. This Santa was of dark haired descent and looked like he had a rough night out with the elves and the coffee wasn't helping! The kids smiled for the camera, grabbed their cookie and ran for it. Oh, making memories daily around here. On to Liz's where I promptly had another gift to open (seriously, what would I do without my girlfriends)? It may sound corny, but I have been wanting a popcorn maker for some time, and she knew it (maybe because I spend WAY too much time with her - talking her ears off). The kids loved playing together for most of the day - they were angels. They were able to torment Quincy, the cat, and we ate, talked and ate some more. Thank you, Liz, for not kicking us out of your house, as we stayed all day.

Then on to dinner with Karen, Mike and Gavin at the Japanese Steakhouse. Our kids (including Gavin) thought this was the greatest thing ever. Food and entertainment all wrapped into one. Watch your knives when you get home, Karen. Gavin had that twinkle in his eye. He he he. At the end of dinner, you can see that I was the proud birthday Sumo girl. Hey, whatever it takes to get a gluten-free dessert!

No comments: