Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes


On a daily basis, my kids come up with the cutest sayings. This age is the best for the thought process to really make their comments entertaining. Zach woke me up early (very early) one morning at 5:45 am and he was playing with the washer and dryer. I told him to be careful with the knobs. There is always the "WHY" question with both kids. I said the units were expensive..."how expensive"? Over a $1,000. "Well, you know mom, these are available in stores"......and that is how my day began. Welcome to the world of advertising via Zach Pryor. At the ripe, old age of 3, this kid may just one-up his dad in the marketing world. He went on to tell me a few nights later (hey, at least it wasn't 5:45 am!), that the movie "Olive, the Other Reindeer", was 'A Classic DVD'. I promise they do not watch t.v. 24/7, but he does pick up very quickly. Although, I do not believe Olive the Other Reindeer is a classic DVD, it was cute none the less. He also told me on a car ride home one day that he would like to travel and see the Northern Lights - "you know, up in the Artic". This is in addition to him quizzing me on all the planets in the solar system. Guess who got them correct and who had to rack their brain for the answers?? Mommy needs to pull the cobwebs out.

Last night, Zach and Olivia were playing with toys in front of our Christmas tree, which is also next to the fireplace. He was very thoughtful and then said "Mom, you are going to need to move those logs before Santa comes. He cannot come down the chimney". I was trying to think of something fast so as to not commit myself or Dave to moving those things on Christmas Eve. I said, "you know, Santa can get around them, he can do lots of things. He used to get around them at Mimi and Papa's house all the time". He paused for a moment and said "Yeah, you are going to need to move those." End of story. Oh, I could just eat him up!

Olivia has been singing lots and lots of songs, mostly Holiday songs. She is totally coming out of her shell, so she'll sing in front of me now. I love the words to one of our Music Class songs: the real version - Cookabura sits in the old gum tree, merry merry king of the bush is he.... Olivia's version - Cookabura sits in the oh-old tree, merry merry Christmas to me..... Another favorite - Feliz Navidad; this is from the girl who told me last year "she hates Spanish and she will not speak Spanish ever". Nice, welcome to the age of five. I like it.

No comments: