Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busted!

Dave and I went away this past weekend to Amelia Island. The annual Concours d'Elegance was held at the Ritz on Amelia Island. It was nice to be away, but the crowds were there, so it wasn't as peaceful as you would think. There were lots and lots and lots of car crazed men (and women) there. Old cars, new cars, exotic cars - yes, Zach's dream come true. He told me this morning that he wants to go to the Concours next year. I'm not surprised. Oh, and he was more ecstatic that Dave and I hung out with his favorite racer (this month) and had dinner with him - Hurley Haywood. Hurley thought it was great that he has a 3, almost 4-year old fan!

Mimi and Papa weathered the storm by watching all three grandchildren at my house for the weekend. Karen was away in Las Vegas. Let's just say, they will not do that again..... No, let's be more direct; my dad said specificially "WE WILL NOT DO THAT AGAIN". Oh, I do agree. When we returned home, my house was turned upside down, toys scattered, broken, rooms looked like a drunken brawl had occurred in them and my parents probably could have used a drink! ha. After two days of cleaning up, I could use a drink myself. One of the things I noticed on Monday with all three kids, was the kids using the term "Busted"! I kept hearing it over and over, so I asked what they meant by it.

Gavin: "Well.... when someone in my classroom does something they are not supposed to, I tell on them and they are BUSTED"!

So, then Zach picks up on this and keeps saying Busted! I think Olivia had enough of these two boys, so when Tuesday came, Gavin had returned home and they were getting ready for school, I heard two separate incidences with Zach saying "Busted" and then seconds later, Zach crying. Turns out, Olivia "Busted" him, in her own way! She smacked him! Sorry, but I have to laugh on this one.
Wednesday is here, so my kids are back into playing nicely together and hopefully getting along.

Yesterday, St. Patrick's Day, I picked the kids up from school. They were very excited about a leprechaun visiting their classroom and handing out gold coins. I forgot to dress the kids in green for the day (maybe because their St. Patty's Day parties are not until today and Thursday??). So, I asked if anyone pinched them today. If you do not wear green on St. Patrick's Day, you get pinched. Zach thought about this for a few seconds and spouted out "The Hulk is too strong to get pinched". OK......not sure what he was talking about, then a lightbulb went off. Oh, the Hulk is green and he is too big and strong for anyone to mess around with pinching him! Good thinking, Zach! You always keep me on my toes :-) Note to self, dress Zach up as the Hulk for St. Patrick's Day next year. He he.

Olivia always asks/tries to pursuade me to stop for a cookie every day after school. The routine is, we stop for a cookie or doughnut on Thursday, when their school week is complete and they have had good behavior. Well, they have had a LONG weekend, so I thought, maybe just one time. Olivia was SO excited and kept saying, "mommy, this is an extra special day becuase it's St. Patrick's Day. It's a special day, right, right?!" Yes, I guess it is. They were so happy all afternoon, so yes, it was totally worth it. It's the simple things in life that make it all worth it. Of course, we had to pick up a green cannolli dessert for daddy. It was his reward for perfecting his landings during his pilot training. Dave is so excited about flying, and so are we!

The sun was out and the kids were playing outside. I pulled the top of the sand table off and there was water (nice and clean, thank goodness) in the sand table. Olivia looks at it, very excited to see it and exclaims "oh, it's look delicious". I'm sure she meant something else, but if she wants to use delicious, I'll let her have it!
Look at our future.... Brady driving Olivia around with Zach tagging along.... oh my!

And this photo from Zach - car crash - sums up the weekend :-)

No comments: