Sunday, November 15, 2009

(Guilt) Trip to Delray Beach, Florida



Yes, my children used the guilt trip to get me to take them to the beach. "I want to see Aunt Kim", "we love the beach", and most importantly "you went to the beach in October and didn't take us". Their plan worked. Almost every time I fly the kids to South Florida, the weather decides to take a turn - cold, windy or both. We had nice weather, it was just a bit cooler than we would have liked. We still had tons of fun on the beach, in the heated pool and hot tub, so all is well. Olivia and Zach were swimming in this beautiful clear water with an area deep enough to swim, but shallow enough with a sandbar at their back to keep everyone safe. Oh, they loved it. Zach told me "Daddy is more fun at the beach" - come on, I had catching up to do with my sister! Give your mom a break. Zach surprised Aunt Kim by climbing her tree. They have lots of tricks up their sleeves. Riding bikes, whistling, snapping fingers and climbing trees!


We finally visited Sugar Sand Park, which is relatively close my sister's house. I'm not sure why we have never made it there, but I'm postive every visit will include a trip to Sugar Sand from now on. In addition to a gigantic (words cannot describe) park, there was a carosel and a Science Discovery Center. We spent an entire morning at this park and it took a lot of pursuading to leave. They loved the Dam area and built several 'dams' while we were there.


Olivia and Zach also saw their Florida friends, Justin and Brandon. It was wild and crazy play. As Justin said on our way out, "I'll see you next year". What?! Listen here, I'll be back MUCH sooner than that. 2 1/2 day Delray Beach trips go by so fast, but luckily we can make them frequently. Thanks again, Aunt Kim.


No comments: