Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Training Required


Once Zach decides he wants to accomplish something, he just does it. This past weekend, at the ripe old age of 4 1/2, Zach took off on his bike without training wheels. Fifteen minutes of practice with Dave and I running along side of him and he was off biking on his own. He cannot stop talking about it. In his words, "I just love riding my bike. It's so much fun." Talk, talk, talk. Well, he does like to talk and we are extremely proud of him. Olivia is now asking to take her training wheels off, so maybe this coming weekend we'll have the same beautiful weather and head out to Taylor-Brawner Park for a repeat. Zach has a way of exerting a little peer pressure without knowing he is doing it. Skylar, our next door 5 1/2 year old neighbor, decided she wanted her training wheels off yesterday, so her mom and I were out there for full support and to witness the success. Ah, these kids....



I sometimes forget to mark milestones on our blog (the main reason for this blog). As Liz reminded me, Zach basically potty trained himself at two. Again, once he decides to do something, he doesn't back down. I also want to remember that he was reading many words and sometimes entire sentences at the age of three. He acts like it's no big deal, but proud mom has a big smile every time. Zach loves school (Olivia likes it much better this year - I think...:-) He proceeds to tell me an enormous amount of information that her learns each day (how many muscles it takes to smile, frown, names bones in his body - collar bone, etc. names artieries, tells me how big his heart is). Hey, I guess he's paying attention in class! I love his Pre-K class.

1 comment:

Jennifer A Morlan said...

What an amazing child! I'd like to get to know him--and his sister too! Would also like to see you again. Maybe over Thanksgiving?? Jennifer Morlan (Liz,s mom)