Monday, November 30, 2009

Magic Electrical Dust....


Ahh, the holidays bring magic to the entire month.  It's not officially December, but the City of Smyrna hosted their annual Tree Lighting this evening.  We have been every year since Olivia was born and it's getting much easier now that strollers are not part of the process.  Strollers and crowds do not work well together.  I try to get a great photo every year, but that doesn't always work in my favor.  Luckily, we get to see all of our friends at the tree lighting. 


This year, with Olivia being 6 and Zach, 4 1/2, it is one of those magical years.  They truly understand who Santa is and the magic he holds.  Santa arrived this year on a four horse open sleigh and proceeded to walk up to the gigantic tree.  We counted down and suddenly, Santa threw magic dust on the tree and it lit up the night!  I was holding Zach and his eyes made me see the magic.  Both kids were amazed, but to see Zach's face.... ahhh.  He was studying the tree and thinking about the entire process.  His eyes were actually twinkling!  I didn't have to wait long until he told me what he determined.  In the car, Olivia was engrossed in the magic dust and dreaming of Santa.  Zach told us that it was "actually magic electrical dust" that Santa threw on the Christmas tree.  Santa wears the white gloves so he will not be electricuted.  Ah ha, safety gloves....good thinking, Santa! 



Funny story, but a magical night for me..... 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seymour said...

I love the idea of safety gloves for Santa! Clever boy.