Saturday, November 21, 2009

We will Rock You....

After years and years of taking The Music Class with my little ones (ages 9 months on...), you would think my kids would sing and dance all the time.  It had the opposite effect.  Don't get me wrong, The Music Class is a wonderful opportunity for children to be introduced to musical instruments, age appropriate songs and rythyms.  We took countless semesters (repeating for me with each kid...can you say "enough of the Dinosaur Collection?, but I do like 'Little Liza Jane' and Firetruck, Firetruck' he he).  After all of these years, I still received the same comment on school reports for both Olivia and Zach - "they are shy when we have music time at school".  I felt so bad; why aren't these kids participating at school?  Well, finally they opened up.  Now they are requesting songs for me to download on my iPod!  "We Will Rock You" is a favorite due to the Dancing Diggers we viewed last year.  Yes, the diggers dance to music; it is mesmerizing.  They are currently into "Who Let the Dogs Out".  The memory I have of this particular song is at our wedding on St. Simons Island 8 years ago.  My young cousins, Jaycie and Logan (ages 2-3) were on the dance floor boogying to this song.  Eight years later, I have two kids who are doing the same thing.  My nephew, Gavin, will throw down when I play Boom-Boom Pow by the Black Eye Peas.  Now he has some moves!  I think he gets those from his dad (sorry Karen) :-)  My recent favorite is Zach who, out of the blue' bolts out "It's not over tonight, just give me one more chance to make it right....I won't go home without you" by Maroon Five.  I do not have this song on my iPod, but I assume it made an impression on him in the car.  I love it! 
Keep on singing and dancing, kids!

No comments: