Saturday, February 12, 2011

Funny notes....

Lest I forget....as I was on my way to pick Olivia and Zach up from my parents last weekend, I realized I forgot Kobe's leash.  He had been neutered on Friday,  and by Sunday he was ready to get some fresh air.  It was too late to turn back, so I went with it.  Of course, he had to go to the bathroom when we got there, so I took him outside.  He was great, until it was time to go inside.  He ran from me, exploring his surroundings and eventually made it up to the road (they have about 3 acres).  Of course he made his way to the road, the worst thing that could happen.  So, picture this...
Jennifer running down the middle of the road (somewhat busy road, at that) chasing Kobe (wrong thing to do, but I had to do something!).  He had his cone on his head from the recent surgery and was happily running down the middle line as a truck was approaching both of us.  Me, waving my arms like a wild woman, him, smile on his face showing me he felt fine after that neutering business.  Never again....
All is safe and sound, but I learned my lesson.  I think a video of the crazy woman would have been funny.

This past week, Zach kept wiping his nose.  While we were doing homework, I noticed he needed another tissue.  I grabbed one and told him to blow.  He waved his hand at me and said, "No mom, this is not a blowing situation."  It was SO funny the way he said it at the time.  That kid comes up with statements all the time and this was another example.  I guess the 'situation' was only a 'wiping' one.  Go figure.

No comments: