Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Lake Weekend

Sometimes, when I am in Atlanta, I forget about living at the lake.  When I get back to Lake Martin, I realize the reason we worked so hard to get this place.  It's indescribable....well, maybe not.  Every season is beautiful here.  As we drove out this past October weekend, the skies were opening up to a blissful blue.  The rain had parted and we drove out of throngs of cars in Atlanta to wide open roads in Alabama.  We pulled into the lake house and were greeted with sparkling water and a plethora of vegetables that had been growing since we left Labor Day weekend.  A bush full of tomatoes, ripe and green (just the way I like them), hot banana peppers, and huge, glistening, plump, green peppers.  'I knew you would be waiting for me my beauties....'

Every time I walk into this house, days or months between each span, I feel completely at home...we all do.  It's like we take a deep, relaxing breath and smile.  This place is theraputic.

Our aim was to take the boat out before the water goes down this winter.  Saturday temperatures were cold and skies did not clear, so Dave built a bonfire and we started Smores at noon.  There is nothing wrong with that - right?  It was an all day bonfire and there was a lot of mud to play in.  Getting muddy is where the fun lies.  Getting clean is where mommy comes in.  I was rewarded with more Smores for dinner :-)



Sunday was almost 70 degrees, so we headed out on the boat for a trip to a favorite island.  The water was bearable, so we walked around the entire island and spent an hour or two basking in the sun.  We were all lost in our own thoughts.  Pure bliss.....

No comments: