Thursday, April 24, 2008

Doughnup Thursdays....


Like any parent that bribes, threatens, and does whatever it takes to make their kids behave, I started (or maybe it was Olivia) the tradition of getting a Dunkin Donut on Thursday on the way home from preschool. Yes, great nutrition, so how can I say no :-) It wasn't really about the bribing, it was more on rewarding and letting me be the 'good guy' for a change. Hopefully the kids will remember "Doughnut Thursdays" or as both of my children pronounce it "dough-NUPs" just like "peanuPs". So, every Thursday, after they earn their allowance for the week, they buy a strawberry frosted with sprinkles on it! Don't forget the sprinkles! Today, the first day Zach broke out of Olivia's mold, he got a powdered doughnut. Maybe becuase I was finally forced to take them inside and he saw the vast array of choices ahead of him. He changed his mind 3 times before he got the powdered goodness. Of course, we stayed inside for the eating of that one! I love doughnut Thursdays... not because I get to eat one (which I do not since they do not make them sans gluten..) but it's the joy on the kids faces and it signals the end of the regular school week for us. Ahh, freedom to have a fun Friday! The simple pleasures in childhood.

No comments: